canadian preTzel

never too salty and always fresh...

I've been MIA a little bit. There's been a lot going on in my life (as there is in everyone else's) and I've not taken the time to get on here. It's been a whirlwind in many different ways and here are some things I've taken out of the past few weeks - wisdom, if you will!

1. Worrying is a waste of time. Really. I've spent enough money in therapy trying to believe it, but it's finally beginning to sink in. There's just so much I can't control in my life that I'd rather spend my energy on the things I can make better.

2. People are inherently good. Go ahead, call me Polyanna. I believe that, even in light of what the past 6 months have brought me.

3. Word Twist on Facebook can get you out of just about any emotional funk under the sun.

4. There are times where you can't do anything but throw in the towel. Throw gently.

5. Fun is underrated.

6. Being nice gets you further. And you can feel good at the end of the day that you played fair.

7. Friends, old and new are not just nice to have around, they're as necessary as water and sunlight! Thank you to my understanding, supportive, unconditional friends!

8. Technology is cool. Bluetooths rock, even if I look like a yuppie! And... Santa should be bringing me an iTouch for Christmas since I've been really good! You reading, Santa??

9. I don't need any more striped shirts.

10. Raw eggs will prpbably not kill me. Especially when mixed with Gin in a Velvet Tango Room cocktail. The jury is still out on cookie dough.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Ha! When I was making a huge lasagna last night, I was eating the raw egg/cheese/ricotta mixture straight out of the bowl. I can't resist!!

:) See you Monday??

Narm said...

Is fun underrated or FUNderrated?

See what I did there? With the words and such?