canadian preTzel

never too salty and always fresh...

If it weren't screwed on...


...I would seriously lose my head. These past couple of weeks alone I've lost my keys countless times, locked them in the garage, misplaced my debit card twice, my business credit card once, and left the house with a candle burning on the (wooden) kitchen table. I had a cart full of groceries on the conveyor at Rego's only to realize that I left my wallet in my car. I ruined another set of towels by leaving them in the washer for three days. Gross. I'm sure after I post this, I'll remember about a dozen other scatterbrained acts I've left out. I get so irritated with myself that it's exhausting! Truly, I don't know how other people put up with me. My friend tried to make me feel better the other day by saying, "you're just practicing being human". Yes, but do I need to practice being a stupid human? Geez, as I re-read this I realize it must be a self-deprecating kind of day!

I sometimes daydream about being one of those polished, Coach-Purse carrying kind of girls who never leave the house without fresh makeup, smooth hair and perfectly pressed clothes. Ugh. I'm sure those kind of girls are never caught wild-eyed without wallets at the grocery store or trying desperately to crawl through the window of their homes. Though I can't help but wonder if they go home and plug themselves in at night.

The picture above is a Shel Silverstein drawing that is fitting to this post. Hmmm, the poem it's from is aptly titled "Loser". By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Shel Silverstein. If you haven't visited his website, it's really great. Check it out. He's not just for kids!! I loved him when I was little, but I think I get a lot more out of him now.

I'm going to go and blow out all of my candles and go to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I drove downtown today without my wallet, managed to scrounge parking money out of the change in my car, AND forgot to wear jeans on the ONLY day of the year they are permitted. What a douche...

I think it means we live FULL lives and there's just not enough of us to go around ;)

Melinda said...

I feel better after blaming all those scattered brain activities on alcohol.

Well, technically it IS his fault. :-)

Thanks for the Shel link. Did you know there was a poem about me? (well, Melinda) And a whale. *sigh* Yes, I really eat that slow too.