canadian preTzel

never too salty and always fresh...

The first autumn weekend

This weekend, I managed once again to find the balance between mom and regular human being. On Saturday, I went out to an anti-shower for my girlfriend who is getting married in two weeks. She's already done the deed before and didn't want the typical bingo-playing, bride-and-groom-oven-mitt-gift shower that we all tolerate, so the girls went out to 87 West Wine Bar in Chagrin Falls. It was one of those situations where 3 different cliques collided. It could have been dangerous. There were the high school pals, the new family, and the friends of the soon-to-be hubby. Our outfits ranged from mom jeans and a floral top (NOT me) to a skin-tight dress and hooker heels (think Peg Bundy with blonde cotton candy-textured hair, complete with cigarette between the teeth). By the way - also NOT me! For all of our outward appearance differences, we ended up having a lot in common and had a great time. We must have looked like such a mismatched group, but after a drink or two we were all laughing and joking like old friends.

On the way home, I got pulled over for speeding. Thankfully, the universe realized my recent plethora of terrible luck and decided not to push me over the edge. I got off with just a warning to slow down. I didn't even have to cry! Things are definitely looking up.

On Sunday, we took the kids and their cousins to Patterson's Fruit Farm in Chesterland. I had never been there and believe me, it will definitely be an annual trip! There was so much to do! They had pony rides, hayrides, a big slide through the woods, a hay pit to jump in and push cart rides. And the food? Mmmmmm. I love fall food. I gorged myself on apple fritters, cider, kettle corn and a funnel cake. I need to put on a few lbs anyways, and there's no yummier way to do it.

By the time I got home in the evening and wound down, the kids were ready for bed and I had a wonderfully relaxing night.

Balance is good.

0 comments: