canadian preTzel

never too salty and always fresh...

First Steps!


Today was a great day!

Thing Two (my 15-month old son) took his first steps today! It's about time. I told myself I wouldn't worry about him not walking until he was 15 months old and he saved me by one day! 10 minutes after I got home this evening, he walked from the middle of the living room over to the couch. It was the adorable wobbly-leg, frankenstein-arm walk that they do when they're first getting their balance. So adorable. Of course I didn't get any video or a picture because it all happened so fast. By the time I got the camera ready, he wanted no part of walking anymore and didn't do it again the rest of the evening. Figures!

I also had a really good meeting with Positively Cleveland (GREAT ORGANIZATION!) this afternoon and then blew off the rest of my work day to have some ME time for a change. It felt great and it's something I definitely need more of. Then it was back to mom mode. Thing One had a playdate after dinner with one of the neighbour kids and I got to spend time with another cool mom for a bit while the kids played. I'm topping my day off with a quiet house, a glass of wine and the Grey's Anatomy season premiere. It's been a well-rounded and fantastic day!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

YEAH, Thing Two!!!! Such a big step. (pun intended) :-)

Anonymous said...

I love babies, especially when they have catchy nicknames :)