canadian preTzel

never too salty and always fresh...

Gord's Gold

My dad and I went to the Gordon Lightfoot concert last night at the Palace Theatre. We try to see him whenever he's in town. Us Canadians are loyal to our own! My dad saw him for the first time back in the 70's when he played at Massey Hall in Toronto. Hard to believe he's still rocking it 40 years later! Ok, maybe not quite rocking it, but for a 69-year old man, he sounded pretty good! He played a lot of goodies and told the audience the story about "Song for a Winter's Night" being written while he was in Cleveland years ago during a November storm.

Our seats left more than a little to be desired. I cheaped out figuring there are no bad seats at the Palace Theatre and ended up with Row Y way, way up at the top level. I now know that yes, there ARE bad seats at the Palace Theatre. Lesson learned. After a couple of bad jokes about there not being oxygen that high, we snuck down and sat in some decent empty seats without getting booted.

It was a great night and it was good to spend some quality time with my dad. We were totally due for a dad/daughter date! Hopefully he makes it around for another tour before he... dare I say it?

0 comments: